Why Stay in a Bed and Breakfast - Part II
A bed and breakfast that is right for you and your family can offer a whole new dimension to your vacation by creating a memorable experience usually not found in a hotel, condo or other accommodation. If you are wondering, “Why stay in a bed and breakfast?” on your next vacation, here are some tips to help you with that decision.
- Staying in a bed and breakfast offers a break from your normal routine when at home. Have you ever reserved a condo for your vacation and found yourself doing the same things you do at home – cooking and cleaning? This will not happen at a bed and breakfast. Staying in a B&B relieves you from your everyday chores.
- A bed and breakfast offers an intimate, home-type atmosphere, where you can experience the uniqueness of the establishment which is often an historical accommodation. The comfortable and relaxed atmosphere is a definite contrast to the hustle and bustle of busy hotels. After a day of touring, it is so nice to come back to a quiet “home”, soak in a jacuzzi tub if your room includes one, or relax in a “social room”, reading books or watching DVD’s about the local area, enjoying a warm fireplace in the winter and maybe a glass of wine or sherry. Many B&B’s provide free internet access, and some provide a computer for the use of its guests. Personal service and attention are what make bed & breakfasts, like The Caldwell House, special.
- B&B managers and owners, having lived in the area for a time, can often give you great advice on favored restaurants, festivals, and the best places to visit.
- You won’t have to go far for your first morning meal, and it won’t be the breakfast bar at the hotel. “Breakfast” is half the name, and most B&Bs provide breakfast, varying from a light continental breakfast to a full, hot gourmet breakfast. Caldwell guests often remark how “fabulous” the breakfast was when they submit reviews after their stay. If breakfast is important to you, search for a B&B that provides what you enjoy. If you have special dietary restrictions, be sure that the bed & breakfast you choose can accommodate your needs. In many B&B’s, you get what you are served without being asked. If you want to know what that will be, be sure to ask.
- The ability to purchase packages is another reason to choose a B&B, which are usually more reasonably priced than if you ordered the same amenities at a hotel. The packages that The Caldwell offers bring a lot of business to us. The most popular is our Honeymoon Package, but Romantic Getaway, Anniversary and Birthday packages are also popular. We can even custom-design a package for you.
- The opportunity to meet other guests is something many travelers enjoy. Guests at The Caldwell House often linger over breakfast chatting with other guests, comparing restaurants and suggesting tourism sites. These same people sometimes meet up again with each other in the evenings as they sit and relax on the porch, perhaps with a glass of wine or sherry. If this is important to you, you may want to choose a B&B that serves a full breakfast as that is when you will be more likely to meet others.
- Bed and breakfasts can be a good option for business travelers. Most B&Bs have free wireless internet, flexible breakfasts and innkeepers who are willing to accommodate you for unusual check-in/check-out times. For those travelers who need to do work at the B&B, the peace and quiet over a noisy hotel is greatly appreciated.
Staying at a B&B, particularly returning often to a B&B which you enjoy, will make your vacations and visits pleasant and memorable. We love when our guests return to The Caldwell House again and again because they feel like it is their “home away from home” and they become our friends. We hope you will give us a try and see why The Caldwell House has 62 5-star reviews!